Flu symptoms can come on very quickly and may include:
- A sudden fever – a temperature of 38C or above
- Aching body, Feeling tired or exhausted
- Dry, chesty cough
- Sore throat, Headache and Difficulty sleeping
- Loss of appetite
- Diarrhoea or tummy pain, Nausea and being sick
The symptoms are similar for children, but they can also get pain in their ear and appear less active.
To help you get better more quickly:
- Keep warm, Rest and Sleep
- Take Paracetamol or Ibuprofen to lower your temperature and treat aches and pains
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration (your pee should be light yellow or clear).